Mini Dredgers build and operates a range of floating dredges designed to suit a range of dredging jobs such as desludging ponds, lagoons, sedimentation ponds, tailings dams and contained waterways.
The Catfish™ mini dredger is compact, robust and easily transportable. Catfish is ideal for cleaning tailings dams, sludge ponds and waste water ponds. The Catfish is readily transportable between job, being less than 2 tons and capable of being placed in a 20 foot container or on a std flat bed track. Transportability enables dam maintenance to be undertaken without decommissioning or dewatering the dam to remove material such as silt, sludge or tailings to return the dam to its original design specification and capacity.
Built on Pump Pontoon Modular Floats Technology, Catfish™ is stable and offers cost effective and efficient dewatering and dredging options normally found in larger, much heavier and more expensive systems. The modular maintenance-free pontoon floats are constructed 8mm wall thickness high-density polyethylene and foam filled to ensure they are robust and virtually non-sinkable. Skid pads on the base of the pontoon enable it to be dragged over rough terrain. The design of the pontoons and their integration into the base structure provides stability and reliability.
The onboard electronic management system allows Catfish™ to be controlled from the shore. The electronics ensure maximum control of the dredger, cutting head and variable pump speeds. Catfish™ has selected Southcott hydraulics to deliver a tough and efficient power system. The pump system can be customized to meet the particular application. Catfish™ is a practical dredging option for small to medium dams, lagoons, storages or containments allowing for efficient and cost effective waste removal and maintenance programs.
Mini Dredgers for Desludging and Desilting
- Small footprint and readily transportable
- Made from corrosion materials (fully hot-dip galvanized frames)
- Various configurations for different pump types
- Can operate in depths from 1-15 metres
- Built using durable and robust components
- Compliant with mine specifications
- Modular design to suit electrical or hydraulic slurry pumps
- Intelligent programming allows customized operational options
- Can pump sand, silt or slurries
- Can operate in shallow water
- Avoids the need for manned operators in hazardous ponds
- Fully Remote-controlled
- Tailings can be dewatered suing hydrocyclones
- Moves via winches on steel cables
Our in-house design team allows Mini Dredgers to tailor a small and portable dredge to your specific needs and budget.
Using state-of-the-art 3D-CAD modeling, our design engineers ensure the pumpset and pontoon are matched and go together quickly so that lead times are reduced and assembly/installation problems are eliminated.