We specialise in the design, manufacture and sales of pump pontoons for industrial pumps, sludge ponds, mining applications, sewerage, desludging, waste water including associated equipment.
Our floating platforms can be used as pumping pontoons for water removal, pit and quarry dewatering, water supply, or solids removal. Customized flotation platforms are also available. Our pontoons feature a high structural strength box steel upper structure with a hot-dipped galvanized coating finish secured bolted to modular, foam-filled HDPE floats with heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant fasteners.
The proprietary modular floats have outstanding stability in water and roll-over resistance due to their unique design and weighted keel. The floats are bolted to a fabricated galvanized structural steel framework to give a robust and sturdy structure which then fastens to the main pump unit. The main pump unit is housed in a frame that drops directly into the pontoon deck allow from easy pump removal or exchange.
Our pump pontoons are specially designed with a low-roll centre to avoid problems with tipping and roll over (see PDF labelled ‘CSI’ attached on dangers of poorly designed pump pontoons).
The centre of the structural steel frame of the pump pontoons have a low-slung chassis (gull wing design as shown below) to ensure the pump base sits below the deck of the pontoon. This lowers the centre of gravity for increased stability and also prevents the pump sliding on the pontoon which otherwise may cause load imbalance, tipping or roll over.
The floatation modules are fitted with top entry inspection ports and are ballasted with a weighted keel for increased roll-over stability and filled with a closed-cell polymer foam to make the floatation modules unsinkable even if the rotomolded surface layer is breeched or damaged. The float systems are sized so that buoyancy of the whole pontoon exceeds total pump assembly weight by 250 kg minimum.
Pump Pontoons for Dewatering Mine Sites
- 2t, 5t, 10t & 20 tonnes capacity pontoons
- Made from corrosion materials (fully hot-dip galvanized frames)
- Various configurations for different pump types
- Pontoon platforms for engine-driven pumps, submersible pumps, deck-mounted Pumps, submerged agitators, etc.
- Safe stable design meets AS3962
- Compliant with mine specifications
- Modular design to suit single or multiple pumpsets
- Inclined or vertical pumpset mounting
- Minimizes or eliminates suction lift problems
- Minimizes or eliminates NPSH I cavitation issues
- Avoids the need for concrete abutments and pads
- Can move around pond and/or be relocated where needed
- Eliminates inundation and flooding issues with land-based pumpsets
- Rises and falls with water level thus maintaining prime
- Can be designed to handle multiple pumps
- Can be designed to be skidded around site so no cranes required
Our in-house design team allows Pump Pontoons to tailor a pontoon to your specific needs and budget.
Using state-of-the-art 3D-CAD modeling, our design engineers ensure the pumpset and pontoon are matched and go together quickly so that lead times are reduced and assembly/installation problems are eliminated.